You are here
Volunteers play a vital role in supporting the work that NAAFLS does. During their time at the service, Volunteers will be required to undertake a number of tasks including:
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of Applications and supporting affidavit material for Domestic Violence and Personal Violence Orders in NT Court of Summary Jurisdiction, and the NT Family Matters Court.
- Assisting with applications for Crimes Victim Assistance.
- Drafting correspondence to government agencies, correctional services, police and court clerks and clients.
- Updating File Notes and CLSIS (Community Legal Service Information System) Case Notes.
- Preparing and presenting Community Legal Education.
- Undertaking research in areas of interest to the service (primarily in Family Violence issues).
- Travel to remote communities to assist NAAFLS staff as required.